Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My 109th Bead

I was thinking a bit on the road today about the words that echo through my mind and help to form the kind of educator I hope to be. These are voices of some of those who I've learned from (obviously paraphrased from memory):

"This too shall pass." - Carla Bensie

"I've heard teachers say, 'If you can only reach one.' I didn't want that. I wanted to reach all of them." - Angelo Cicolella, at his retirement luncheon

"I want to be able to look back on my career and know that I got better every single year." - Brian Cerullo

"Jami, you have to remember that you are planting seeds. You may not always see the harvest, but that doesn't make what you are doing any less important." - Shirley Cuomo

But most of all, Dr. Lori Anne Ferrell and Dr. Donald Vance, who taught me that intellectual pursuits and academic scholarship can be tempered with humanity and a sense of humor. It is from them that I learned that knowledge is not only desirable but pretty freakin' cool!

Much thanks, my teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment